Monday, March 15, 2010

My 64 Teams

Well, every year a group of old men get together and decide which division 1 teams get a chance to play for the national title.  Every year I, and most other fans, think that they screwed up.

So, this year, I decided to do my own.  After all, I am smarter than they are, right?

I used a 3 step process.
1. Mark off the automatic bids
2. Identify teams with 22+ wins and 10+ wins in conference and mark off the ones of that group that I thought should be locks.
3. User combination of winning %, conference winning %, RPI, and SoS to determine who should fill out the rest of the bracket. 

Below is what I got. 

You will notice that I gave a little more love to the mid-majors.  This is because of the numbers.  None of the top-10 RPI conferences were without 2 teams that were tourney ready.  My bracket, unlike the official, reflects that.

click on the bracket to expand

No comments: