Wednesday, July 21, 2010

July 21st

- I could be wrong.  It is entirely possible, I vaguely remember it happening once, but I could have sworn that the Heisman was given to the best player who played college football the year before.  I am pretty damned sure that a couple years back, that was Reggie Bush.  You want to argue that Vince Young was better, we can talk about that at length.  It's Reggie's award.  His gifts that he took don't change the player that he was.  The only conversation that this should drive is whether the rules around what college players can do and earn need to be relaxed.  You leave these boys enough free time to earn some spending money, or open up the rules so that they can leave after their freshman year like in basketball and some of these rules won't experience as many violations.

- Favre, will you please just act like a ball player.  Make a decision and play, or make a decision an dcoach.  Otherwise, all I hear is blah, blah, blah.

- I do beleive that Roy Oswalt imagines himself a RiverBoat Gambler.  If I was the Phillies, I do beleive that I would pay the man.  Don't forget that Petitte just went down, the Yankees will be shopping soon.  Get it done, or they will.

- As a Florida State fan, I have to say this.  DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN.  Come on son, when you go in the first round, you get the hell out of college.  Please, think it over, there's still time.  Go crawling back for your millions of dollars................Please?

No comments: