Saturday, September 11, 2010

Thoughts on college football week 2

9/11/10 2:14 pm

-It would appear that the demise of the Florida Gators may have been prematurely reported.

-The Kansas Jayhawks bounced back in a big way.  They are in a dog fight, but to play #17 tough the week after losing at home to I-AA team is a great sign for the mental toughess of this team.

- Speaking of those small northern schools shocking the big conference schools, those boys at those little Dakota schools can play.

- That Lattimore kid is going to be the newcomer of the year in the SEC.

- I love the East Carolina offense.   I loved it when I was watching it at Texas Tech, and I love it now.  Run it
up boys, run it up.

2:35 pm

- I agree that they are good, but am I the only one that the Husker at #6 is too damn high?  They weren't that high with Suh, how are they going to be that high without him.  Oh, and I am glad to see that they are enjoying their cupcakes.  Their schedulers worked hard baking those up.

3:13 pm

- Ok, see if you can follow me here.

North Dakota State beats KU which beats #17 Georgia Tech

Boise State pulls out a thriller against Virginia Tech which then loses in the same fasion to James Madison

South Dakota wins at Minnesota.

There is such parity and it has been proven over and over again that the top teams in I-AA are better than a lot of the teams in I-A.  At worst, they can play with nearly every team in the higer division.  Why is it that we don't have some sort of a promotion system?

6:24 pm

- As a Florida State fan, I have a note for Jimbo Fisher.  Just in case you are not aware sir, Oklahoma is not Samford.  Way to have them ready to play today.  Great job there buddy.

- Miami is pretty damned fast, but Ohio State is solid all the way down that roster.

No comments: