Sunday, October 10, 2010

Thoughts on College Football after week 6

- To all my KSU friends, Sorry for the loss, but these are not condolences.  You are on your way back, just need a season or two more or Snyder recruiting to catch up to the big boys.

- I don't know if Ohio State smelled blood in the water down in South Carolina, or if they are really figuring it out, but they absolutely strangled a dynamic offensive Indiana team.

- Ok, now about those Nittany Lions.  Everyone repeat it with me OVERRATED.

- Oregon has a very real argument for the #1 spot in the country at this point.  You wonder about Daron Thomas' injury, but Nate Costa can get it done.

- Utah is a little bit scary.  I really wish that they were in the PAC-10 now, them against Oregon would be a lot of fun.  Don't forget, this is not your daddy's  Iowa State that they just whooped. That is a Big 12 team with some fire power.

- Is it just me, or does it seem like Oregon State need a lesson on setting a slightly easier schedule?  They are game, and they can really play.  I do like this murderer's row they set up for one thing.  We are getting a nice measuring stick for Boise State and TCU against a BCS conference.

- I am still not sure how good LSU is, but they are solid and the Gators just keep losing.  That should not make me so happy, but it does.  I think this is another example of "Kick them while they're down" because this is a young, loaded team and they will be back shortly.

- Cam Newton is rediculous.  Potential #1 overall, and I am talking about next spring.  He's that good

- Andrew Luck is pretty good too.  This was a big time conference battle, and Stanford is showing how tough they can be.

- Boise is doing what they need to do, but I don't know if they can do enough.

- WOOHOO.  I am, admittedly, biased for the Noles.  That said, they owned Miami, which is so unbeleivably satisfying for me.  Beyond my personal joy at this stomping, the Noles look to have their new defensive scheme figured out.  It was obviously not working against OU in week 2, but they are playing fast now and it is working.

- Yeah, so Tennessee is not good.  I say this because I know Georgia is not good either, and that was a whoopin.  Oh, and AJ Green is going to make some NFL team very, very happy.

- This is crap.  Brett Beilema should be vilified for this kind of unsportsmanlike conduct.

Oh, and here is my top 25, just for kicks.  I am putting this together according to my evaluations of the teams, not their records.

1. Ohio State
2. Oregon
3. Nebraska
4. Boise State
5. Auburn
6. South Carolina
7. Alabama
8. Oklahoma
9. TCU
10. Arkansas
11. Stanford
12. LSU
13. Michigan State
14. Iowa
15. Florida State
16. Oregon State
17. Utah
18. Wisonsin
19. Florida
20. Missouri
21. Arizona
22. Nevada
23. Air Force
24. West Virginia
25. Oklahoma State

No comments: