Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Mozgov'd

It's not often that I hear sports talk radio say anything really clever, but I got a kick out of the talk around Blake Griffin's monster dunk last night.  For those who weren't perusing the Internet last evening, Blake rose up and threw a vicious dunk on Oklahoma City's Kendrick Perkins.  The dunk itself was enough to make noise, with Griffin elevating high over the "enforcer" OKC brought in to shore up their inside defense and, stuck a hand in his opponent's chest and literally threw the ball through the rim.  It was explosive, vicious, and the exact reason that Griffin is a rising star.

That is not what got my attention, having been watching the game when it happened.  What got my attention was the term used by the radio announcer...Mozgov'd.  As in, "Blake Griffin just Mozgov'd Kendrick Perkins."  What is this Mozgov'd you may say...well, this is a reference to the dunk that Griffin put on Timothy Mozgov when the latter was with the Knicks. 

I do believe that this term just entered my vocabulary and I thought that you should all have the same opportunity....And the chance to see these 2 SICK dunks.

No comments: