Wow, what a crazy first round that was.
Guys flying off the board who were rated much lower, and over a half dozen trades, and all of that in 3 hours.
Damn that was fun.
I am going to hold off on the draft grades, even a preliminary one would be silly at this point.
So, what can we talk about? Well, how about we talk about who is left.....So, here are my best 32 left and the grade I had them with coming into the draft.
1. Coby Fleener TE Stanford-8 overall
2. Courney Upshaw OLB Alabama-9 overall
3. Lamar Miller RB Miami (Fla.)-13 overall
4. Jonathan Martin OT Stanford-17 overall
5. Peter Konz C Wisconsin-21 overall
6. Devon Still DT Penn State-22 overall
7. Dwayne Allen TE Clemson-24 overall
8. Zach Brown OLB North Carolina-26 overall
9. David Molk C Michigan-30 overall
10. Vinny Curry DE Marshall-31 overall
11. Brock Osweiler QB Arizona State-32 overall
12. Brandon Boykin CB Georgia-33 overall
13. Cordy Glenn OL Georgia-34 overall
14. Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State-35 overall
15. Alshon Jeffry WR South Carolina-37 overall
16. LaMichael James RB Oregon-38 overall
17. Nick Foles QB Arizona-39 overall
18. Tank Carder ILB TCU-40 overall
19. Ladarius Green TE Louisiana Lafayette-41 overall
20. Mike Adams OT Ohio State-42 overall
21. Lavonte David OLB Nebraska-43 overall
22. Bobby Wagner ILB Utah State-44 overall
23. Kirk Cousins QB Michigan State-46 overall
24. Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska-47 overall
25. Markelle Martin FS Oklahoma State-48 overall
26. Jake Bequette DE Arkansas-49 overall
27. Russell Wilson QB Wisconsin-50 overall
28. Kellen Moore QB Boise State-51 overall
29. Dan Herron RB Ohio State-52 overall
30. Frank Alexander DE Oklahoma-53 overall
31. Joe Adams WR Arkansas-54 overall
32. Nate Potter OT Boise State-56 overall
As you can see, there are good number of players at the top of this list who I, for one, expected to go much sooner. I expect that we will see more teams moving around to pick them up like they were free.