Wednesday, September 12, 2012

50 Cent Says Floyd Mayweather is Different After Jail Stint; Friendship on the Rocks


There are two rappers that seem to know when to step away from a friendship if it starts to effect their business.

50 Cent and Jay Z.

Jay has been known to be cutthroat to people who he feels are slowing him down or aren’t going along with his program. Has anyone seen Amil lately?
Same with 50 Cent, just ask Young Buck.
So, this doesn’t surprise me.
Floyd Mayweather Jr. and 50 Cent are no longer best friends, apparently. A couple of weeks after reports emerged that the two were beefing over 50 Cent’s extremely close relationship with Mayweather’s lady, Shantel Jackson, 50 decided to set the record straight once and for all in an interview with the “Rickey Smiley Morning Show”.
“[The issues between us] really comes from … everybody around him is waiting on the next time he feels generous. And I have a lot [of money], so I don’t wait for nobody,” 50 said (via Larry Brown Sports). “I’ll go do what I gotta do. I don’t have to sit around and wait for the next time he feels like giving somebody something.”
Me and Floyd is always gonna be cool. He is different. [There's been] a different side of Floyd coming out of the pen. That’s all,” 50 added.
A bit cryptic and doesn’t specifically say what the issue is, but I think it has less to do with Shantel Jackson and more to do with The Money Team Promotions.

To my understanding, while The Money Team is a Mayweather created phrase, the boxing promoting company is completely owned by 50 Cent.  Mayweather has his own company Mayweather Promotions, but it doesn’t do it’s own boxing events (that is why Golden Boy is normally brought in to help).
50 Cent love him or hate him is an intelligent guy, it is appears he might have seen some things that is leading him to bail out on Floyd before a bigger crash happens.

That is just speculation on my part and I will try to see if I can get more of a concrete answer for you in the future.

Robert Littal

Be sure to check out other great articles at BlackSportsOnline.

No comments: