Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Dwight Howard never wanted everyone to hate him

The Los Angeles Lakers’ center Dwight Howard recently opened up in regards to his feelings on the back-and-forth process that has taken him from being one of the most respected and beloved players in the NBA to one of its most hated.

He is what LeBron James used to be. The only difference is that most people would rather try to avoid multiple trips to Cleveland than Disney World.

He spoke to ESPN in regards to how he felt trying to avoid LeBron’s fate.

“And it was a tug of war between my feelings and the fans and everybody else and their feelings and what happened to LeBron,” And I saw him — everybody hated him for leaving Cleveland and what he did,” Howard said.  ”I never wanted anybody to hate me, you know. I wanted everybody to love me, you know, like me, for sticking around and doing what they wanted me to do. And making everybody else happy. And that was a valuable lesson for me, you know.

“I can’t make everybody happy.”

This is true but the way that Howard conducted his business was a series of public missteps that caused him to come across as well…a tool.

Now that he is in Los Angeles, if he is serious about fixing his public persona he will do everything he can not to lose access to Disney Land as well.

He seemingly would do it all over again.

“I don’t have any regrets, you know. I think everything happened the way that it was meant to happen,” Howard said. “I really just wish some of the lies and some of the things being said didn’t come out the way it did, you know.

“But I have an opportunity to do something great here in L.A, and I can’t look back and think about everything that’s behind me.”

True…very true.

Be sure to check out other great articles at Players View.

No comments: