Friday, November 30, 2012

Fights breakout at Hector Camacho’s wake

In life boxer Hector “Macho” Camacho was an electric yet polarizing figure and in death he is still living up to his lightning rod status.

The former world champion was shot dead outside of a bar in Puerto Rico on November 20 while sitting in a parked car that was found to contain multiple sealed and unsealed bags of cocaine.

Camacho battled the disease of addiction for most of his adult life and as that life was celebrated there were several undercards that took place at his wake/viewing in Puerto Rico.

ESPN is reporting that a mini-brawl took place between his alleged girlfriend and another female that claims to be his longtime love backed by his sisters.

“I am the actual girlfriend of Macho, and those who don’t like it better not bring it,” said Cynthia Castillo, who claimed to be Camacho’s girlfriend at the time of his death. “They shouldn’t be going after me.

They should be thanking me for being with him at all times.”

It broke loose when after Castillo kissed Camacho on the lips in his casket, she walked over to the family area to get something to eat.

That is when Gloria Fernandez, who states that she has been Camacho’s girlfriend for 25 years rolled up on Castillo with Camacho’s sisters, Esther and Estrella.

“I went to get something to eat because Machito (Hector Camacho Jr.) told me to, and his ex-girlfriend (Fernandez) came up to me and told me that I had to leave,” Castillo told ESPN Deportes, showing a fresh scratch across her clavicle. “I said no, so they threw my plate of food and attacked me, and I defended myself.”

There was also issues that took place involving former bantamweight champ Wilfredo Vazquez, his wife, Camacho’s mother, Maria Matias and a man named Jorge Lozada who tried to separate Vazquez from Matias as the two “embraced.”

And to think Camacho’s body will be flown to New York for a separate service to be held on Saturday that will culminate in his burial.

If you can speak Spanish, you can check out Castillo’s post-fight interview after being kicked out of the viewing below.

Adrian Glover

Be sure to check out other great articles at Players View.

No comments: