Friday, November 9, 2012

Jim Buss “We Are A Collective Soul Behind Mike Brown”


Did the momentum of a new coach last long Laker fans?


The Lakers are standing this morning at 1-4, the first time since the 1993-1994 season. According to ESPN, Jim Buss isn’t a happy camper, and while he may not be hitting Kobe’s panic button, Buss is very aware of whats going on.
“You don’t start 0-3 for the first time since we’ve owned the franchise without being on top of it,” Buss told ESPNLosAngeles.com. “No matter what, you have to be aware. That doesn’t mean change is coming. That just means you have to be aware.”
So you’re telling me since you’ve own the organization you have your worst record and you’re not the least bit bothered? Mr. Buss, unlike most of you, still has faith in Brown.
“I have no problems with Mike Brown at all,” Buss said. “He just works too hard and he’s too knowledgeable for this to be happening.
“So either the system is flawed or something’s going on. Or, like the Triangle, it’s very hard to pick up and understand. I’m not a basketball mind like he is or the players are, and the players are fine with it, so I just have to be patient.”
Buss says that he’s checked with his players and him and Kobe have such a connection that Kobe just gave him the “I’m cool” glance and Buss knew everything was ok.
“Kobe Bryant and I have a relationship where he can just look at me and say, ‘Everything’s cool,’” Buss said. “So yesterday during practice, I gave Kobe a quick glance, and everything was cool.”
This can’t be the same Kobe who murdered Mike Brown last night with his eyes?

And when asked what was his frustration, Kobe answered:
“None that I care to share,” Bryant said.
But thankfully, Jim Buss and the Laker front house are happy with Brown. The fan disgust and player impatience thats being displayed isn’t too much of a factor to them because Buss is asking all of you, to just be calm and give it time.
“You have to give it time to understand [what's going on],” Buss said. “I don’t know if there’s an actual game total that would make me impatient. I know if we’re 1-15, I don’t think that would be very good. I’m sure that would be a panic button. But at this time, I’m fine with what’s going on. It’s a learning process for the players. As long as everybody is on the same page, I think we’re fine.”
“I’m a hundred percent behind Mike Brown. Mitch is. My dad is. We as a collective soul are behind him 100 percent.”
Laker fans, there’s none in the world like you, are you apart of this “collective soul”? Are you standing around Staples center singing Kumbayah while holding hands? because apparently Jim Buss and the Laker front house isnt going to “Panic” until they see something worse than 1-15.
So until then, Keep Calm and Watch.
Be sure to check out other great articles at BlackSportsOnline.

No comments: