Monday, December 17, 2012

Dez Bryant: I’d Have Surgery if We Weren’t Fighting for Playoffs


The Dallas Cowboys are fighting for their playoff lives this Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Cowboys reciever Dez Bryant has a broken finger, but has delayed surgery and plans to play to help his team attempt to reach the playoffs. A move so risky, that it is said Dez is risking permanent injury by playing with the finger.

A risk that Bryant is fully aware of but willing to take for the team.
The position that we are in, that makes me want to be out there,” Bryant said, via ESPNDallas.com. “If there was anything less than what we got a chance of, I would have went ahead and got surgery.”
It is a mental thing,” Bryant said. “I felt like if I go out there and am worrying about my finger, about catching the football, there is no need for me to be out there. I went out today in practice as if there wasn’t anything wrong with my finger. I feel like that’s my mindset about it.”
Regardless of what you think of Dez and the Cowboys, much respect to him for playing through this.

We’ll see if the team can pull through with a win.

Robet Littal

Be sure to check out other great articles at BlackSportsOnline.

No comments: