Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Raiders Coach On Terrelle Pryor: He Still Hasn’t Grasped The Offense

Raiders starting quarterback Carson Palmer has cracked ribs and a bruised lung, so he will miss the season finale against the Chargers.

Raiders head coach Dennis Allen is now forced to decide between veteran Matt Leinart or 2nd year backup Terrelle Pryor.  Leinart has been in the NFL 5 years now, and you know what you get with him.

Pryor is the wildcard, because Oakland fans are clamoring to see him, and the Raiders have nothing to lose.  According to the San Francisco Chronicle, Allen is hesitant to start Pryor, because he says the young quarterback “still hasn’t grasped the offense.”
“He’s still a work in progress as far as that’s concerned.” Pryor doesn’t have full command of the offense, he said, but “I wouldn’t expect a lot different out of any other young quarterback.”
Pryor still needs to work on fundamentals, Allen said – “his footwork in the passing game, going through his reads, going through his progressions.”
Terrelle Pryor was asked about the possibility of starting Sunday.
“I’m not the coach. I definitely don’t make decisions like that. I don’t talk much. I just go out and do my job. Whatever God has for me, it’s going to happen. If not, I’ll be fine.”
Pryor’s inability to grasp the offense should not impede Allen’s willingness to start Pryor.  As I stated earlier he knows what he has in Leinart, why not start the young kid.

What do I know, I’m just a journalist and football aficionado.

Robert Littal

Be sure to check out other great articles at BlackSportsOnline.

No comments: