Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Andrew Bynum Plans To Make His Season Debut After All-Star Break

Andrew Bynum plans to stay true to his earlier word of returning to the NBA after the All-Star games.
USAToday reported on the injury prone center’s proclamation to return. Bynum issued the followed statements:
“To me, it doesn’t really matter when I come back. I think, giving myself a full ‘nother week of training is going to be better than trying to come back before that.”
The 76ers first game after the All-Star break is on the 20th of February vs the Timberwolves. The 76ers are in need of Bynum’s services, especially now with a vulnerable Celtics, reeling from the loss of Rondo, just 2.5 games ahead of them in the standings.

Bynum is finishing up the first phase of his rehab stint, and should be ready to partake in practice in the first week of February, per the team’s GM Tony DiLeo. Despite the continuing knee problems Bynum has remained agile, even taking part in shoot arounds. Bynum commented
“Sprints. Still no slides. But I dunked yesterday,” he said. “So I’m happy I can still do that. And I’m taking it really, really slow.”
Bynum hopes to keep on track with his projected return date and make his debut with his new team. Let’s wish him the best.

Be sure to check out other great articles at BlackSportsOnline.

No comments: