Sunday, January 13, 2013

Brian Kelly Will Remain At Notre Dame

The Kelly boys are having a ball flirting with the Philadelphia Eagles, but not being able to commit.  After Oregon Ducks head coach Chip Kelly flirted with the thought of joining the Eagles and declined.

Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly to everyone’s surprised did the same, even before his Irish were steam rolled by Alabama.

He too could not commit.  Pro Football Talk is reporting that Brian Kelly will indeed remain with the Fighting Irish.  Kelly released this statement.
“This week, I had an incredible opportunity to speak with one of the premier organizations in sports about becoming their head coach,” said Kelly. “Like every kid who has ever put on a pair of football cleats, I have had thoughts about being a part of the NFL. However, after much reflection and conversation with those closest to me, I have decided to remain at Notre Dame.
“This decision was motivated purely by my love for Notre Dame and the entire Fighting Irish community, the young men I have the great fortune to coach, and my desire to continue to build the best football program in the country.
“We still have a lot of work to do and my staff and I are excited about the challenges ahead.”
Kelly surprisingly met with the Eagles twice.  Philadelphia would prefer a young college coach or NFL assistant, and not the regular retread of has been NFL coaches.

Robert Littal

Be sure to check out other great articles at BlackSportsOnline.

No comments: