Thursday, January 3, 2013

Osi Umenyiora wants out of the New York Giants

A New York  Giants off-season would not be the same without some sort of chatter from defensive end Osi Umenyiora.  Yes, once again he is telling people he wants out. Only this time it’s not about money.

“I just feel fortunate to be able to play 10 years in New York in this city and that organization,” Umenyiora said on The Michael Kay Show via the New York Daily News.  “It was a great run, a great ride. I think now is probably time to move on.”

“I’ve earned the right to be a free agent,” Umenyiora said. “It’s been 10 years. I signed a seven-year deal and they made me play out all seven of those years. If they wanted me back, I think something would have been done before now.”

“There’s really not much left for me to accomplish here in New York,” Umenyiora said. “If you look at things that have been done here, what is there that is to be done that I haven’t done? We’ve won a championship twice. I think I’ve been a Pro Bowl player. And everything has pretty much gone better than I could have ever imagined here in New York. So if there is a time to leave, it would probably be now.”

Osi is a grown man that can say whatever he would like.

The timing of it all seems that his feelings may have played into the team’s dismal performance during the last quarter of the year.

Obviously he could not wait to get this off his chest seeing that 72 hours ago he was in a Giants uniform.

Adrian Glover

Be sure to check out other great articles at Players View.

No comments: