Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ray Lewis is retiring

It was either going to happen at the end of this season or maybe the next.

It was unavoidable.

His recent injury may have expedited the process. But time puts its stamp on everyone. Even Ray Lewis. 

In a report on the league’s website, it is being reported that Lewis announced that he was retiring during a team meeting on Wednesday.
“Everything I’ve done is to make another run at the Lombardi,” Lewis said Wednesday.

“That’s one thing I shared with them,” Lewis told the media “I said, ‘I’m going to give you everything that I got because this is our last one. And wherever it ends, I didn’t come back for it to end in the first round.”

Two of the team’s higher profile players that will have to carry the torch of  Lewis commitment to the team commented on the situation.

“I can’t picture Baltimore without him,” running back Ray Rice said.

“It’s amazing and it’s sad all at the same time,” linebacker Terrell Suggs said.

Indeed.  You can’t really put what Lewis has mean to the sport of football into a few quotes.

Players View will feature extensive coverage on Lewis moving forward into the playoffs and what will eventually be his last game.

Adrian Glover

Be sure to check out other great articles at Players View.

No comments: