Thursday, January 3, 2013

T-Wolves G Lazar Hayward Says He Can See Dead People

Minnesota Timberwolves guard Lazar Hayward is probably most remembered for the magical season he had as a Senior at Marquette in 2010.


Back then Hayward was an ALL Big East guard and honorable mentions all american, who led Marquette to 4 NCAA tournament berths.


Today Hayward is well-traveled, been on 3 NBA teams and according to the Star-Tribune, can see the spirits of dead people. Hayward who had been out of basketball since October, told the Tribune that  he has worked with two Los Angeles mediums who he says have guided him on a spiritual quest that dates to his childhood.


“I’ve always just had a lot of questions spiritually because I always kind of seen stuff when I was a kid and I used to tell friends and they’d look at me and say, ‘Lazar, you might need some help,’ ” he said laughing during a surreal post- practice conversation with reporters. “So they used to make fun of me. I just had a lot of questions because I’ve always just wondered.”

Hayward stated that he has a friend, who by using those same mediums, is able to communicate with a brother who’s been dead for about 6 years.

“I’ve actually been able to see a spirit,” Hayward said. “I can’t talk to them yet, but I have seen them.”
“I’ve spent the past two months pursuing a path of meditation and spiritual healing and living in an enlightened state” while also waiting for a road back to the NBA.
“I think it helps me cope with some of the things that go on in basketball and just in life,” he said. “It really, really helps me a lot.”

Hayward says he’s been in L.A. working out hard, running six miles a day waiting for his NBA return.

Robert Littal

Be sure to check out other great articles at BlackSportsOnline.

No comments: