Friday, January 25, 2013

Tom Brady fined 10k for illegal slide

Much has been made about the slide that Tom Brady took in the second quarter of Sunday’s AFC Championship game.

At the tail end of the maneuver, Brady kicked Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed with his cleats aimed directly at his crotch.

Reed managed to almost jumped around the kick but not quite.

Stay classy Tom.

As a result, the NFL has fined Brady 10k according to the league’s website.

Reed was assertive when he discussed the incident earlier this week with Baltimore’s local CBS affiliate. 

“Leg is feeling alright. A little sore right now,” Reed told WJZ-FM on Monday. “A little slide kick (by Brady), you know what I’m saying. But it’s a tough spot the quarterback’s in. You know, I understand Brady’s point.

Him protecting himself. I know he’s a great player. I respect Brady and his game for all it stands for, and I know he’s not a dirty player. And emotions get going in the game.”

“I told him — you know, we talked. We talked actually not too long ago, we talked on the phone. He actually reached out to me, texted me. I tried to text him back, but the message exploded after 12 seconds, so I had to call him … and he’s just apologized and what not. But I told him, ‘You know, it’s good, man.’ ”

Reed also painted a picture of the environment on the field that shaped the incident.

“For the most part, I didn’t say anything to him when he said something to me at the game,” Reed said. “… He was going, ‘You want to play like that, let’s go.’ But no, Brady’s a great competitor and I love going against him and I know where his heart is at for this game. It was all good.”

It’s all good for Reed as he’s moving on to play for a title and Brady is sitting on the couch.

Had that maneuver taken Reed out of the game and the Patriots moved on, it would not be all good.

Winning changes everyone’s perspective.

The Patriots and the Ravens rivalry is one of the league’s most tense in spite of the fact that they are not in the same division.

You can hardly blame Brady for what he did in spite of it being cheap.

The post Tom Brady fined 10k for illegal slide appeared first on Players View.
Be sure to check out other great articles at Players View.

No comments: