Friday, February 15, 2013

Jeremy Lin: The Houston Rockets are building something special

Compared to the typhoon of attention that was devoted to him during the Linsanity era, Houston Rockets point guard Jeremy Lin has enjoyed a very quiet season thus far. 

He recently spoke with  KBME in Houston to clear the air on a variety on topics including the arrival of James Harden.

Lin was very optimistic on the Rocket’s chances going forward.

“I think as a team I would say that we’re happy with where we’re at, but we also know we’re capable of more, ” Lin said. “Right now we probably sit in the eighth seed of the playoffs, and prior to our seven-game slide that we had not too long ago, we were in the sixth seed. We’re happy we’re in the playoffs but we’re definitely not satisfied with that by any means. We feel like even though we are a young team, we have a lot of potential and we have a great opportunity to do something big this year, not just somewhere down the road.”

When the Rockets imported James Harden from the Oklahoma City Thunder, the expectation was that Lin would take something of an issue with sharing the spotlight.

He says that could not be farther from the truth.

“I was super excited when I found out about that. I told everyone around me and everyone close to me and they knew how excited I was to have James on board. It’s been great and I have learned a lot from playing alongside of him. It’s changed my role a little bit, but it’s been good for me and it’s given me that space to be able to grow, learn and make mistakes and get better. This is pretty much my first full season in the NBA where I’m playing consistently every night so there is a lot that I’m learning.”

On the subject of personnel, Lin did not venture a trade prediction for the Rockets as the deadline approaches on Feb. 21.

“It’s not really my job to look at trades or anything, but I love the guys we have on our team and I think we’re building something special. I think we have a great situation (and) if we’re allowed to stay together for one year, two years or three years, I think we will just get more and more dangerous and better every year, but that’s not really my place. I’m just an employee; I’m just a player. If we have some situation that can make our team better then definitely, but I love my teammates; I love playing with them right now. I think we have shown how good we can be and this is just the beginning hopefully for all of us.”

As he stated, the Rockets are just focused on having fun.

“I’m definitely having fun. Right now I feel like our team is in a great situation. We’re sharing the ball, we’re moving the ball, we’re unselfish and playing together and that is the way basketball is meant to be played, and when you play like that you have fun. Our guys, off the court we’re developing relationships and getting closer to each other and we’re really learning to sacrifice for each other, play for each other, to be excited for each other’s success and I think that’s when your team becomes the most dangerous.”

The post Jeremy Lin: The Houston Rockets are building something special appeared first on Players View.

Be sure to check out other great articles at Players View.

No comments: