Friday, March 15, 2013

51 Year Old Herschel Walker Seeks UFC Fight

Herschel Walker is mostly known for his Heisman campaign at the University of Georgia and his time in the NFL as a running back, but Walker is looking to take the next step in his MMA career by competing in the UFC.

Walker was on the Lavar Arrington Show and had this to say about his MMA Career:
“I absolutely love MMA. I think it’s an excellent sport.”
“If I were younger, I’d be doing it right now.”
“Because I’m a little bit older and I have a business going, I say I’d like to do one more fight, and then I think it’s time for me to step aside and give it to the young people. But I’d like to do one more fight.”
Walker wants to showcase his MMA talents at the highest level but his weight may be too much of a hurdle to overcome. Walker fought in the Heavyweight division in Strikeforce, but the competition level at that weight class in the UFC is 10x harder.

UFC President Dana White stated last year that Walker wouldn’t hold up in that tough division and his appearance in the octagon is unlikely.

Don’t tell Walker that though; the 51 year old athlete is in better condition than many 20 year old fighters and he isn’t known for letting other people tell him what he can and can’t do.

Be sure to check out other great articles at BlackSportsOnline.

No comments: