Monday, March 4, 2013

New York Yankees Ichiro Suzuki walks away from car accident unscathed

New York Yankees Ichiro Suzuki gave fans yet another reason to believe it’s going to that kind of year.

Although he walked away with not even a scratch, Suzuki totaled his Range Rover near George M. Steinbrenner Field on Saturday in Tampa, Florida.

According to the New York Post, the 39-year-old stated that he is not even sore.

“Not at all,” the Yankees’ right fielder said when asked if he is sore. “I almost want my body to feel something but my body didn’t react. I guess you can say that you are going to have to do a lot worse for me to get hurt.”

Suzuki was cheked out by team doctors before practice on Sunday.

He discussed the details of the three-car pileup.

“I had the green light and entered the intersection. The car turned left and was turning into me,” Ichiro said.

“I slammed on the brakes and couldn’t do anything about it.”

Linda Trange Le, was given a summons stemming from her involvement in the accident

“She is okay and I am very thankful that everyone is okay,” Ichiro said of Trange Le, whose car hit Ichiro’s vehicle  and was also totaled. “She was very distraught and apologetic from the beginning. Of course I felt grateful but more grateful that she was okay and there was no real big injuries.”

Thankfully nobody was seriously hurt in the dust-up.

Still as a peer questioned ‘ what did the Yankees did to get this kind of mojo?’

Curtis Granderson’s injury, A-Rod’s recovery from hip surgery and PED controversy, Derek Jeter’s injury and more are reasons to believe that yes it will be that kind of year.

The post New York Yankees Ichiro Suzuki walks away from car accident unscathed appeared first on Players View.

Be sure to check out other great articles at Players View.

No comments: