Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Michigan Basketball’s Trey Burke is heading to the NBA

Michigan Basketball’s Trey Burke will forego his final two years of eligibility and enter the NBA Draft.

Burke was the unanmious selection for National Player of the Year and a consensus All-American. He is one of the greatest players in Michigan Basketball history and we will decide soon where he ranks on this list: Michigan’s all-time best point guards.

Burke will become the first Michigan player to be selected in the first round of the NBA Draft since Jamal Crawford in 2000.

“After talking it over with my family and coaching staff and weighing all my options,” Burke said in a statement released by Michigan.  ”I have decided to enter the NBA Draft. I feel that is the right decision for me and my future. It has been a dream of mine to play in the NBA, and I feel excited and well prepared to take that next step in my career.

“My time at Michigan has helped me grow tremendously as both a basketball player and as a person. I will always be grateful for the opportunity Coach Beilein and his staff gave me to wear the Maize and Blue. I have learned so much from this staff and this university about what is really important if you want to be successful in your future. I love the University of Michigan and the Ann Arbor community, and it will always be a place I call home.”

Now we wait to hear word from Tim Hardaway Jr, Mitch McGary and Glenn Robinson III.

Here’s one of our favorite moments with Trey Burke. In Michigan’s victory over Arkansas this year, Burke picked up a technical for hanging on the rim. Joe White asked him about that.

If you would like to receive an email notification each time a Michigan Basketball story is posted you can fill out the Email Notification Form.

Stay connected with our coverage by subscribing to our Michigan Basketball feed. You can follow us on
Twitter Rob White and Joe White

Related articles

Michigan Basketball players and the NBA Draft
Trey Burke and his season for the ages
Be sure to check out other great articles at isportsweb.

No comments: