Thursday, April 25, 2013

Tavon Austin: “Rex Ryan Has A Plan For Me”


West Virginia wide receiver Tavon Austin is the talk of the NFL Draft, and I can only wonder if he’d be the #1 pick if he was a bit taller.

Austin still is coveted, and one place draft experts see him going is to the Jets at #9 if he’s still on the board. 

Austin while in New York participating in an NFL 60 event, admitted that Jets head coach Rex Ryan “has a plan for how to use him” according to the Star Ledger.
“He made a little joke, ‘We might throw you on the defensive side, a couple plays,’ but it was everything good,” Austin said today at the NFL’s Play 60 Youth Football Festival with several of the NFL Draft’s top prospects. “He said he had a plan for me. I talked to the offensive coordinator (Marty Mornhinweg), and they said they like players like me who can bring big-play ability there.”
Austin who had over 2,700 all-purpose yards for West Virginia last year will definitely get a chance to display his versatility for whoever drafts him.
“I had a visit with them, so I was in their facility. They put me on the board and everything, (to) see how smart I was. For the most part everything went well,” Austin said. “I met everybody, and they pretty much said they like me a lot, and hopefully we can make it happen.”
Be sure to check out other great articles at BlackSportsOnline.

No comments: