Thursday, May 30, 2013

Nerlens Noel Says He Can Be The Best Defender In The NBA


Well Noel was called to be the next Bill Russell… yeah.

With the Cleveland having the number 1 pick, Nerlens Noel feels like he should take that top spot. Not only does he want to go number 1, he also feels like he can be the leagues best defender.
“I’m not dodging the pressure,” Noel told USA TODAY Sports last June. “If I tried to dodge it, I wouldn’t feel good about myself. This opportunity gives me a chance to establish myself as a great player rather than just a good player. It’s a lot of pressure but that’s something I live for.”
“At the beginning of the season at Kentucky, I definitely felt pressure coming in with them,” Noel said. “I definitely feel that will help me a lot in this process. It made me have a whole different attitude. I’m used to it now, more than I was last year.”
“I definitely feel that way,” Noel said. “I know it will take a lot of work, but I definitely want to put the time and work in to be one of the top players in the NBA. That’s a dream come true and I’ll definitely take advantage of it so I definitely feel that I can become one of them and reach my full potential.”
“I definitely feel that I can be [the best defender in the league],” Noel said. “I have to do a lot of work and make sure I bring it every night, but I think I can get there.”
“I definitely feel that I’m still suitable for the [No. 1 pick],” Noel said. “I’m 100% confident that I can not only get back to [where] I was at, but get stronger and come back better.”
“It would mean a lot to me. It would definitely be a dream come true. If I get that opportunity, wherever I get drafted, I’ll just bring 100 percent effort and try to contribute right away. … I’m a hard worker who’s going to bring it every day in the gym. I’m going to do my best to be the best leader that I can be. I’ll do whatever I can for my team so we can win games.”
Noel spent his freshmen year at Kentucky, Noel averaged 10.5 points with 59% shooting, 9.5 rebounds and 4.4 blocks in only 24 games. When Noel, tore the anterior cruciate ligament, shockingly Noels expectations in the upcoming draft didn’t decrease. Noel going number 1 is very likely, with Kyrie Irving,  those two could be a dominant force together.

Be sure to check out other great articles at BlackSportsOnline.

No comments: