Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Tennessee Titans Kendall Wright slims down after dumping junk food

The Tennessee Titans drafted wide receiver Kendall Wright in the first round of the 2012 draft.

The wideout was fresh out of Baylor as RG3?s favorite target and ready to make a direct impact on the NFL.

His 64 catches for 626 yards and four scores were hardly the numbers of a bust.

But they were not set the world on fire stats either.

To combat the plague of the perception that he is a garden variety  middle-of-the-pack player, Wright has worked hard this offseason.

One of his areas of improvement is in his conditioning.

He used Baylor’s facilities when they were not in use during the weekdays.

“That’s what a receiver’s supposed to do to help me with everything, as far as getting in the breaks, running routes and getting back and making all the cuts that I need to make,” Wright said.

“I’m in the best shape I’ve ever been.”

He told the team’s website that he dropped 14 pounds just by cutting out junk food.

For the most part, it wasn’t about the running,” Wright said. “I just started taking care of my body and eating right. I wasn’t eating right at all. I was eating a lot of junk food because that’s what I like and that’s what I’d buy, but I cut down on that and just started eating right.

“When you don’t buy it, you’re not going to eat it, so I just stopped buying it,” added Wright, who said he still buys some junk food if he has company coming to town but still avoids eating it.

“I was just doing what’s right to keep my body right and do what I can to help the team by all means,” Wright said. “Losing weight, slimming up, I just had to do what I had to do to come back right and focus on working.”

If the Titans can keep quarterback Jake Locker upright, Wright may just get to that 85-90 catch zone that will cause plenty of people to say that he lived up to his draft status.

Together with rookie Justin Hunter, could Wright become one-half of a duo that could give the corners in the AFC South fits?

Yes, Kenny Britt was omitted.

Because if you are of sound mind, it only makes sense to say that unless it starts raining miracles in Nashville,

Britt will be in the wind after his contract expires this season.

Sad but true.

The post Tennessee Titans Kendall Wright slims down after dumping junk food appeared first on Players View.
Be sure to check out other great articles at Players View.

No comments: