Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Jermichael Finley Wants Rodgers To Trust Him, And He Wants The Ball

Green Bay Packers tight end Jermichael Finley is not to fond of being quiet.

Finley has been running his mouth so much lately, that some think he’s trying to talk his way out of Green Bay.

Last month Finley shot his mouth off about he and Aaron Rodgers having chemistry problems.

Fair enough, if it’s a concern you can address it.

Finley is back at it again, and according to the Journal-Sentinel, he wants the ball, and he wants Aaron Rodgers to trust him.
“Both of us need to just go out, maybe have a drink or two and just spill everything,” Finley said of him and Rodgers last week. “It sounds easy, but it’s not. He’s throwing it to who he’s comfortable with.
“I think (Randall) Cobb’s taken my position from ’09. I want to line up where Cobb’s lining up because I know the ball’s coming there.
“But me and 12 just ain’t been on. He’s had some guys come through this year, and he’s gone to them instead of me. And really, it’s out of my hands at the end of the day. If I could throw myself the ball and run under it, I’d do it every play because he’s just not throwing me the ball like he used to.”
Finley discussed the issue that he’s even more frustrated with not getting the while amid so many Packer injuries.
“I’d say about fourth,” Finley said. “I don’t really want to put a number on it, but I’d say four if I had to. I’m pretty disappointed in it. I’m pretty disappointed in the numbers side of it, but I ain’t had the opportunities either.
“Everybody knows what I can do, but it’s just out of my hands. It’s awfully hard to explain. It really is. I’m just in that organization and that scheme where I’m out of it right now.”
“What’s frustrating is he trusted me. He threw the ball to me,” Finley said of Rodgers. “I dropped balls in ’09 and ’10, but I came back. I made up for all that and nobody talked.
“Nobody said anything because I was catching the ball. I still might have one drop a game, but I’d have eight catches. Now, it’s one target a game and if I drop that everybody just focuses on that. It’s a little frustrating, but I keep my head up and I keep pushing man.”
Jermichael Finley is supremely talented, yet he comes off as supremely selfish at times also.

Finley is blessed to play on a really good offense, and has a quarterback who is super elite, and intent on spreading the ball around.

Finley will get his touches, he just needs to relax.

We’ll see how happy he is next season being the main guy with a less talented quarterback, and defenses focused entirely on him.

Robert Littal

Be sure to check out other great articles at BlackSportsOnline.

No comments: