Thursday, December 20, 2012

Greg Jennings Doesn’t Think He’ll Be With Packers In 2013

The writing has been on the wall for a few weeks now.  Earlier this season we documented Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings inability to stay healthy and how he felt he wasn’t sure the numbers would be in his favor when it came time to get a new deal.

With Clay Matthews, Aaron Rodgers and B.J. Raji all in line to get new deals, Jennings stated that he wouldn’t be shocked if the Packers didn’t resign him. 

Today Jennings was on NFL AM’s “Double Coverage” with Steve Wyche and Mark Kriegel, when he hinted at the fact that he doesn’t think he’ll be with the Packers in 2013.
“An educated guess? … I’m gonna lean to the ‘no’ side of it,” Jennings said. “That’s my educated guess, my personal educated guess.”
Jennings was then asked if he would like to remain a Packer.
“Absolutely. I definitely, if I had a choice, me, if it was just my decision, my decision only, absolutely I would be here in a heartbeat,” he said. “Wouldn’t want to leave at all, but obviously it’s two sides, so the Packers are gonna do what’s best for them and hopefully I’m what’s best.
“But, if not, then I have 31 other teams that hopefully I can show them my résumé and then walk into the door and start back over.”
Jennings became expendable with the growth of Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb.  The Packers have two more pressing needs to lock up with Clay Matthews and Aaron Rodgers.

Robert Littal

Be sure to check out other great articles at BlackSportsOnline.

No comments: