Friday, February 1, 2013

Jack Harbaugh: Jim told me that Colin Kaepernick was best player in the Draft, the Night before he was drafted


With two sons coaching in the Super Bowl this weekend, it is easy to see why their father Jack Harbaugh has done a lot of reflecting lately. From their childhood, to their start as coaches at smaller levels, Harbaugh has been an interesting source of quotes all weekend. The latest one comes per The Sacramento Bee, and it centers around 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.
“So I said, ‘Jim, tomorrow in the second round, surely you’re going to draft a quarterback. Which one is it going to be?‘” Jack said of the call. “And it’s dead silence. In fact, I can hear his voice (let’s out a sigh).”
Said Jim: Are you talking to anybody?
– I’m not talking to anybody. I’m your dad, you’ve got to tell me.
You’re not going to tell mom who we’re thinking about drafting?
– Would you just tell me who it is? I promise you, I won’t say anything to anybody.
“He said, ‘We’re drafting Colin Kaepernick.’ He said, ‘I not only think he’s the best quarterback in the draft, I think that he’s the best football player in the draft. And we’re going with Colin Kaepernick.”
Extremely interesting to hear that Harbaugh has always had a plan for the young Kaepernick. Seems to have come to fruition now that his team is in the Super Bowl a couple years later.

Be sure to check out other great articles at BlackSportsOnline.

No comments: