Friday, October 25, 2013

Nate Burleson To Dez Bryant: You Are Not Calvin Johnson; ‘No Way, No How’

Tuesday Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant ruffled a few feathers when he compared himself to Lions star Calvin Johnson, and stated that anything Megatron can do, he can do as well.
“Truth be told, I don’t compare myself to nobody,” Bryant said Monday during an appearance on 103.3 FM ESPN in Dallas. “I think Calvin’s the best at what he [does]. I think I’m the best at what I do.”
“I believe I can do whatever he can do,” Bryant said. “I think it’s just a pride thing. When it comes to football, just being on the field, it’s a mindset and having a mentality. I honestly believe when I’m there, I’ll be feeling like there’s nothing I can’t do. Whatever the coaches ask me to do, I’m going to do it.
Those comments from Bryant of course made it’s way back to Detroit, but Calvin Johnson wasn’t the one to comment on the remarks.

The one arm bandit himself, Nate Burleson, came to Johnson’s defense.

Burleson loves to talk and said this about Dez Bryant.  
“Listen, I like Dez. I think he’s one of the best receivers in the game right now,” Burleson said.“Very talented. Fast, big, strong. He possesses all the tools to possibly be as good as Calvin. But he’s not Calvin Johnson. No way, no how. Sorry, Dez. Keep it real.”
Listen I like Nate Burleson, but a guy who can’t drive and eat pizza at the same time should just focus on his rehab and not try more than one thing at a time.
 
Be sure to check out other great articles at BlackSportsOnline.

No comments: